Wood candle holders are simple yet stylish and give a very nice feel wherever placed. If you love wooden candle holders and if you also like to do wood work, we will tell you how to make wood candle holders! Here is a simple craft project for making wooden candle holder.
Making a Simple Wooden Candle Holder
Things you will require to make simple wood candle holder
- Hardwood timber pieces – blocks of about 10, 15 or 20cm height
- Natural Wax and Polish
- Aluminum tin sheet or an empty aluminum can
- Scissors or wire cutters
- Long nails
- Hand gloves
- Pillar candles
Steps to Make Wood Candle Holder
Take the following steps to make your own handmade wooden candle holders
- Sand the timber pieces to provide them a smooth finish.
- Now take a soft cloth and with it, apply wax to all the surfaces of wood blocks.
- Take the aluminum sheet and place a candle on it. Trace around its base to make a circle.
- If you are not using sheet but aluminum can, then wear the gloves and cut off its top and bottom and then downwards its length with the help of scissors or wire cutters. Now flatten the can with a hammer and trace around candle bases.
- Cut out the circles with the help of pliers.
- Place the cut circle on the wood block. This will provide a barrier in between the wood and a lightened candle.
- Now place a nail into the center of the circle and hammer it.
- Cut off the head of the nail using pliers.
- Twist gently and push the candle onto the nail.
- Your wood candle holder is ready to use.